英國placement & internship & employment 經驗+咨詢

Don’t be upset, there are ups and downs all the time. Your time will come.

I just informed them that I won’t be participating the Launch, cos I don’t wanna go through all the hessel to go to England just for the 2 days.

Good luck everyone with your career!

我也是第二年,学得是accouting and info system mangment,不知道找什么样的placement,而且现在申请晚啦吗?谁能给我点建议啊?迷茫中。。。而且网上填拉份hsbc的申请表,给我回信已经过拉他的close date啦

有些你们说的简称,我都不太明白,太迷茫拉

下星期二要去ERNST&YOUNG的assessment centre了, 两天,有teambuilding exercise, interviews, two individual exercise and one group discussion exercise. 不知学长学姐有没有去过安永的assessment centre的? 给我些建议吧

我的建议是 assessment centre 前练习一些 num + psy tests, 会很有用途。

我就是在这儿卡壳儿了。。。后来得的分很低

谢谢~~

请问你参加的也是Ernst&Young的 assessment centre吗?? 通常来说Indivual exercises 是不是就是PSY&API test ??

nearly all companies now use the “SHL test” . for business students, usually 2 tests r applied—numerical and verbal. if u go to the SHL website, it will help u a lot. just go to google and search for SHL.

于 2005-04-09 03:05, Ink 写:

下星期二要去ERNST&YOUNG的assessment centre了, 两天,有teambuilding exercise, interviews, two individual exercise and one group discussion exercise. 不知学长学姐有没有去过安永的assessment centre的? 给我些建议吧

我去过。。。 但是是for summer internship,只有一天,,,might be different scheduled。。。

But anyway,prepare some knowledge about IFRS (e.g. From 2005, EU coms has started using IFRS, which increases the auditing fees, etc.), and also knowledge about the industry,at least you can talk about one company confidently…and…what else,ye,the Group discussion is the most tricky one,depends on what kind of ppl u r working with,be aware of that…It might be helpful if u look at some case studies before hand (Go to the website of Boston Consulting Group)…

oh well,I think that’s pretty much I can say about it,just be yourself really…

GOOD LUCK

i wanna know about it veeeeeeeeeery much!!!

于 2005-04-10 18:09, JennyMM 写:

于 2005-04-09 03:05, Ink 写:

我去过。。。 但是是for summer internship,只有一天,,,might be different scheduled。。。

But anyway,prepare some knowledge about IFRS (e.g. From 2005, EU coms has started using IFRS, which increases the auditing fees, etc.), and also knowledge about the industry,at least you can talk about one company confidently…and…what else,ye,the Group discussion is the most tricky one,depends on what kind of ppl u r working with,be aware of that…It might be helpful if u look at some case studies before hand (Go to the website of Boston Consulting Group)…

oh well,I think that’s pretty much I can say about it,just be yourself really…

GOOD LUCK

thank you for your suggestion. Could you please just name one example of the group discussion to give me some general idea of it? Thank you

于 2005-04-10 22:32, Ink 写:

thank you for your suggestion. Could you please just name one example of the group discussion to give me some general idea of it? Thank you

every time is different, what I did was a game.
the game itself is not important. the important thing is how u perform in the group, u act as a leader? an idea givener???.........stand up and speak up but dun create a conflict. if someone does, try ur best to solve it. the company is seeking someone who is a team player and a leader!!!

这个……从头到尾我都没看见一个关于传媒的……

有没有传媒的同行??有相关经验??来聊聊……

没人理……我开新贴了,楼主不要见怪

我12月份申请的Merrill Lynch,现在才收到一封回复说your application is currently on hold, will notify your if further positions become available.我想这其实和reject是差不多的吧?因为现在的selection procedure已经都结束了?还可以抱有希望吗?

于 2005-04-14 04:19, xc725 写:

我12月份申请的Merrill Lynch,现在才收到一封回复说your application is currently on hold, will notify your if further positions become available.我想这其实和reject是差不多的吧?因为现在的selection procedure已经都结束了?还可以抱有希望吗?

如果申请投资银行的话,2月以后没消息就是坏消息。

我自己投了20多简历和网上申请,也有几个面试,总的感觉:

1。CV 成绩固然重要,但点名了以后就都一样了。要把自己弄的有意思点,不要好象整天就知道学习的样子。我有很多同学第一年拿 2:1 和1:1, 但申请都没成功。

2。了解你想干的。什么怎么应付TEST,怎么应付GROUP DISCUSSION 都是废话。只有完全了解这行你才能有怎么表现自己的注意。

3。面试远比考试重要,你面试的人基本上是你将来的BOSS,他如果喜欢你,想你给他工作,那你什么都学他也会给你OFFER。所以奉劝申请的朋友好好练练怎么和人进行谈话,怎么发表自己的意见,尤其注意培养自己的气质。比如,很多学生说话的时候脑袋东晃西晃,眼睛到处看。这中人第一印象就完了。

你只能给人留下一个也是唯一的第一印象。

于 2005-04-14 22:06, dantewatcher 写:

我自己投了20多简历和网上申请,也有几个面试,总的感觉:

1。CV 成绩固然重要,但点名了以后就都一样了。要把自己弄的有意思点,不要好象整天就知道学习的样子。我有很多同学第一年拿 2:1 和1:1, 但申请都没成功。

2。了解你想干的。什么怎么应付TEST,怎么应付GROUP DISCUSSION 都是废话。只有完全了解这行你才能有怎么表现自己的注意。

3。面试远比考试重要,你面试的人基本上是你将来的BOSS,他如果喜欢你,想你给他工作,那你什么都学他也会给你OFFER。所以奉劝申请的朋友好好练练怎么和人进行谈话,怎么发表自己的意见,尤其注意培养自己的气质。比如,很多学生说话的时候脑袋东晃西晃,眼睛到处看。这中人第一印象就完了。

你只能给人留下一个也是唯一的第一印象。

听起来好难哦,看来summer internship是无望了

如果搞到了在uk的summer internship, 住宿问题怎么解决啊?

于 2005-04-16 00:28, noomy 写:

当然是你自己去找

于 2005-04-16 00:28, noomy 写:

Where about?

Check it out:http://www.findaproperty.com/

Might help!

于 2005-04-16 03:57, JennyMM 写: