英國placement & internship & employment 經驗+咨詢

于 2005-03-25 08:43, JennyMM 写:

于 2005-03-25 07:51, xiaoheiiii 写:

于 2005-03-25 04:37, seraph_liu 写:

i sent 6, received two, one from ICI and another from GE. for my university has a programme with EY, i might can have another chance for 1 year’s placement there as well.

now i am in the final round, the assessment centre events for both ICI and GE^^

what is ICI and GE?

not sure about ICI,but GE stands for General Electric…

ICI is imperial Chemical Industry

if u know Dulux paints....ICI is the company who owns this brand

HEY EVERYONE ITS ME AGAIN.

[JUST PLS READ N REPLY MY DING IF POSSIBLE… THX THX]

1. Seems weird 2me dat everyones rushing into da investment banking wo… i’ve heard friends doin math/econ/computing/chem/EEE … applied for IB positions… are the banks being stupid or the applicants? hmm… im doing IT course, so should i join da IB crew later dis yr?

2. My course title is Information Management (BSc)… kind of computing+IT+biz management thing… don’t know which will be da best places to go for… anyone has the expereience as an IT student applicant(or ur friends)? can u share da exps?

3. Everyone jst keeps sayin london students got advantage for career opps, bt i cant really c it. is it becoz UCL sucks or i was jst being dumb n couldnt find da rite way?

thx 4readin all da sh1ts.

于 2005-03-28 12:45, EGC 写:

1. Seems weird 2me dat everyones rushing into da investment banking wo… i’ve heard friends doin math/econ/computing/chem/EEE … applied for IB positions… are the banks being stupid or the applicants? hmm… im doing IT course, so should i join da IB crew later dis yr?

2. My course title is Information Management (BSc)… kind of computing+IT+biz management thing… don’t know which will be da best places to go for… anyone has the expereience as an IT student applicant(or ur friends)? can u share da exps?

3. Everyone jst keeps sayin london students got advantage for career opps, bt i cant really c it. is it becoz UCL sucks or i was jst being dumb n couldnt find da rite way?

due to your judgement in other post regarding to the negative opinion of chinese parade against splittism in Taiwan, I refuse to discuss any underlying issues with you.

to be a qualified chinese, please first to learn how to love your own country and nation!

[ 编辑者 caocqmc 于日期 28Mar05 ]

于 2005-03-28 13:02, caocqmc 写:

due to your judgement in other post regarding to the negative opinion of chinese parade against splittism in Taiwan, I refuse to discuss any underlying issues with you.

to be a qualified chinese, please first to learn how to love your own country and nation!

haha...he is still a kid...

Anyway, saying "London Students" got advantages that's certainly not rite... I dont know where u heard these sh*t

U r still 1st yr lah,,,should enjoy ur uni life more I think...and IB r not like wot u r thinking,,,I think ppl have got choices,,,we shouldn't criticize that, rite? And I think when u get2know the banks more, u will find how exciting it is

btw, they do have lots of different divisions u can applly to,,, such as IT team...

于 2005-03-25 10:41, caocqmc 写:

getting rejected isnt a big deal. one will never get all what he wants. it’s their loss. forever faith is with you! Im sure you are an extremely intelligent young elite!

Thank you...
I'm sure I'll get it over...

haha,,,tryyyyyy to enjoy my holiday,,,and forget about the damn intern

Happy Easter

As far as I know, London students do have advantage over students from other places(heard from my uni career services) cos most big banks do presentations in the city or on LSE,Imperial campus but they rarely go to manchester or nottingham. I think big four have quite a few presentations in north England. but I know some chinese ppl got job offer from top five investment banks in Warwick, so good luck

i agree with you. that guy f**king stupid

于 2005-03-28 17:42, JennyMM 写:

Thank you…

I’m sure I’ll get it over…

haha,tryyyyyy to enjoy my holiday,and forget about the damn intern

Happy Easter

yes!!!! got to have a big break!!!!
but I still have one to go on wednesday!!!
a bit fed up with it........

So u wanna put dis up here? k so i'll go for it.

I think u and ur backers represent a VERY TYPICAL CHINESE PROBLEM that produced by da communist party. U and ur crew jst think EVERYONE ONE SHOULD AND ONLY CAN, HAVE ONE SINGLE OPINION. Nothing other than the mainstream thoughts will be accepted.

You never have independent thoughts and, the worst thing is, u NEVER ALLOW OTHERS to have independent thoughts, and therefore no CREATIVITY, no IMAGINATION, no INNOVATION.... wada shame.

But anyway this is a intern thread so i'm not gonna put it furture. Jst remindin u such type of personality will do NOTHING GOOD to your career especially in the WESTERN CORRUPTED countries which you think are full of FAKE FREEDOM AND HUMAN RITE BULLSH1TS.

[ 编辑者 EGC 于日期 29Mar05 ]

于 2005-03-28 17:37, JennyMM 写:

haha…he is still a kid…

Anyway, saying “London Students” got advantages that’s certainly not rite… I dont know where u heard these sh*t

U r still 1st yr lah,should enjoy ur uni life more I think…and IB r not like wot u r thinking,I think ppl have got choices,we shouldn’t criticize that, rite? And I think when u get2know the banks more, u will find how exciting it is

btw, they do have lots of different divisions u can applly to, such as IT team…

Thanks for the info sista...

Don't say anything good 4 me la... im not worrin guys here, jst felt bit disappointed. my other friends told me dis is kinda of elite forum for overseas chinese bt , hmm.. up to now i jst found it soso..

I've been to Tsinghua bbs and Peking U bbs, (one of which is shut of earlier this year and the other is switched to Internal Access Only), and i've found guys there really got cooler stuff... bt anyway nomore bulls, enjoy ur easter n good luck 2 ur jobs.

于 2005-03-29 03:05, EGC 写:

So u wanna put dis up here? k so i’ll go for it.

I think u and ur backers represent a VERY TYPICAL CHINESE PROBLEM that produced by da communist party. U and ur crew jst think EVERYONE ONE SHOULD AND ONLY CAN, HAVE ONE SINGLE OPINION. Nothing other than the mainstream thoughts will be accepted.

You never have independent thoughts and, the worst thing is, u NEVER ALLOW OTHERS to have independent thoughts, and therefore no CREATIVITY, no IMAGINATION, no INNOVATION… wada shame.

But anyway this is a intern thread so i’m not gonna put it furture. Jst remindin u such type of personality will do NOTHING GOOD to your career especially in the WESTERN CORRUPTED countries which you think are full of FAKE FREEDOM AND HUMAN RITE BULLSH1TS.

[ 编辑者 EGC 于日期 29Mar05 ]

well, let me tell you whatz the freedom of speech and human rights issues.

first of all, I have my rights to dislike you due to your behavior in the nationalism issues.

second of all, you have your rights to dislike china, however, as long as you are a chinese, I maintain my rights of feeling shame on you!

as the case of my career, I do not think itz relivent to your interests at all. take care of yourself first. find your own job before you can possibly make your comment, please.

overall, I can tell you are just a kid and far away from your maturity. Ill stop my comment on you here.

Im appologize for my words if itz too aggressive.

于 2005-03-29 04:36, caocqmc 写:

于 2005-03-29 03:05, EGC 写:

So u wanna put dis up here? k so i’ll go for it.

You never have independent thoughts and, the worst thing is, u NEVER ALLOW OTHERS to have independent thoughts, and therefore no CREATIVITY, no IMAGINATION, no INNOVATION… wada shame.

But anyway this is a intern thread so i’m not gonna put it furture. Jst remindin u such type of personality will do NOTHING GOOD to your career especially in the WESTERN CORRUPTED countries which you think are full of FAKE FREEDOM AND HUMAN RITE BULLSH1TS.

[ 编辑者 EGC 于日期 29Mar05 ]

well, let me tell you whatz the freedom of speech and human rights issues.

first of all, I have my rights to dislike you due to your behavior in the nationalism issues.

second of all, you have your rights to dislike china, however, as long as you are a chinese, I maintain my rights of feeling shame on you!

as the case of my career, I do not think itz relivent to your interests at all. take care of yourself first. find your own job before you can possibly make your comment, please.

overall, I can tell you are just a kid and far away from your maturity. Ill stop my comment on you here.

Im appologize for my words if itz too aggressive.

Shall we not quote so long??

Save some space and make it easy to read!!

[ 编辑者 zocoo_zocoo 于日期 29Mar05 ]

I appologize for my strong language as well (if any).

I never say i don’t like china not even the party.

Just hope every chinese student can have their best life, and therefore giving suggestions.

So lets stop here and get back to thread topic.

sorry for long quotes disturbing everyone else, as well.

does anyone no whos doing accounting course and found a placement already?

r u from lancs?

于 2005-03-25 04:37, seraph_liu 写:

i sent 6, received two, one from ICI and another from GE. for my university has a programme with EY, i might can have another chance for 1 year’s placement there as well.

now i am in the final round, the assessment centre events for both ICI and GE^^

会不会因为学校 不好,人家都不给面试的机会呢??

I just got the invitation to participate in the ICI Launch program, but I’m really not sure if I wanna go to England just for the 2 days. Has anyone joined this program before? Or is also invited?

I applied one, received their assessment centre,

Corus Color, that only one i applied, it took me almost two weeks to complete their application form,

but in the end, I was rejected.

feeling very down and just don’t know how can I get my confidence back now

big big shame on me

还有七天。 在准备另外一份internship的CV。

恩, 写在这里, 算是给自己的一点激励吧!

希望再来发贴的时候能够写出让自己高兴的结果!

: )