Anyone knows piano, please help

Planning to buy a second hand piano for my son (beginner G3) and found one

Kawai Model KS1F, 1982, in decent condition , around £2K

The guy who tuning our piano suggest to buy a U3 which is dearer than this one and I couldn’t find in our town.

Is this Kawai one worthing buying?

Thanks a lot

我们是买的新的雅马哈电钢,只要800磅不到。琴键是weighted。说是学到6级都没问题。如果能到那个级别,再花大钱买个真钢也值得。

小孩刚开始,不用买好的,3000以内都可以。我个人偏向买新的。等过了5级,他就自己知道要什么钢琴了,再买个好点儿的。

Thanks

Kawai KS1F is pretty good. and if just £2k is a good price.
some people like Yamaha more than Kawai, some people have a different opinion.
and if you can’t find U3, just go for Kawai.
I don’t think you have to choose U3 over Kawai.
unless you or your son have been tried U3 before and like that sound.
and also U3 is much expensive.

Good second hand u3 is between 3.5k and 4.5k
U3 sound is pretty unique, not all people like it
Try it yourself

We bought a refurbished U3 for under 3.3K about 3 years ago and got 18 month interest free finance. So financially there wasn’t too much burden.

We had no knowledge or experience on pianos with no musical background. We basically just walked in to the local dealer’s store looking for a cheap piano for our daughter who had not even started learning piano yet. But after serval trails across the board, we could notice the difference between good and average pianos without knowing their prices. We also tried U1 and U3 but we prefer the richer sound of U3. After hearing the difference there was no way for us to go back to cheaper ones so we just bought the U3. Based on your thread, we should have been very lucky to have access to both U1 and U3 at that time?

It proves to be not a waste of money. We are enjoying the sound of U3 everyday and my daughter is progressing slowly but steadily. She got Grade 1 distinction last year and recently won a local piano competition at Grade 2 level, where she got a chance to play on the dead expensive Steinway concert grand piano. She said there wasn’t too much difference in playing but the grand piano does give much more powerful sound and she liked that! But I did see some children was underperforming on the grand piano on the day.

She also performed on a digital piano at school recently and I could hardly notice any articulations from it. So I would not recommend anyone to buy a digital piano if taking it seriously, as even if the keys are weighted the sound it produces is still far from real. You need to be able to hear what you are playing before learning how to play!

Your child is already at Grade 3 level, and it won’t take him long to reach Grade 5. I would recommend you to invest as much as you can now! By the end of the day, you buy expensive, you sell expensive. There is nothing to loose.

去年我也不知道那根筋不对了,非要给小孩买Stainway 立式的,因他过了6级了,想让他自己挑个好点儿的琴。结果他一听价格就死活不要,说:'你给我买了,肯定要逼我过diploma, 我就过了8级就不想再弹琴了"。结果上周,他突然找我要买Stainway,说学校里的钢琴无论是考试还是练习全都是Stainway, 老师家里的也是,现在他用的琴简直跟Stainway无法比。我反到现在改变想法了,不想给他买这么贵的琴…哎,到现在都是无语加纠结中… {:5_145:}

这一看就是著名私校全是演奏琴

Thanks for that, that’s assurance to buy the Kawai.
Me know nothing about the piano , only can tell if its sounds good or not.

Thanks.
My son’s piano teach has a U3 and he quite like it.

Thanks so much for your exhaustive comment, really appreciated.
Well done to your girl, excellent progress!
We didn’t take too seriously at the beginning, so bought a 2nd hand old piano for few hundred pounds, since my son passed exam with distinctions and really love it now, we think we should invest in a better one. But we can’t afford an expensive one at the moment, so this might be an option.
His teacher has U3 and we all like it.

3000的电钢音量开1/4和真钢一样效果的,只有开超过一半以上音量,电钢声音才失真。 另外电钢好玩啊,可以不同乐器加进来合奏,和乐队一样。 还有小孩学其他乐器,电钢可以一边自动钢琴伴奏的。

要让你儿子明白,什么叫「苏州过后无艇搭」,他之前拒绝了你,机会过了就没有了,哈哈

OMG, that’s a total different level of professionality and wealth to us.
Can I ask how old is your son?
Is it realistic to reach G5 before secondary school?