At this young age, schools mainly look for social skills
that suggest the child will fit into the school community. They will be looking for children who share and will socialise in a small group. They will probably read a story to check if your child can sit and listen, and they will ask questions on the story they have read. So you see that mostly, the assessment is about behaviour – taking turns to answer questions, sharing at play, and listening.
- Recognising and writing of your child’s name
- Correct scissor use
- Recognise numbers to 10 and/or count to 10
- Doing a simple jigsaw
- Threading beads
- Walking down stairs - one foot only per step please
- Checking for perfect speech and correct use of cutlery.
- Put their own shoes on
- Fasten their coat by themsleves
- Go to toilet themselves without any assistance with trousers or buttons etc.
比如The Glendower Prep School 的网站上的信息: “Prospective pupils are invited to attend in groups of 6 or 7 for about 40 minutes to be observed interacting by three or four adults… The skills being sought are mainly social maturity and readiness to learn in a group situation. Cooperation, flexibility, a “can do” approach and facility with the English language are all highly regarded. We are also looking for numeracy skills, letter recognition and a basic ability to follow instructions.”
I never take anything seriously, don't ask me any serious question。Life is too short, play more! Oscar Wilde: “What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”