R.I.P. 华威大学的中国女学生

NEWS 22nd January 2014
FOREIGN STUDENT HIT BY LORRY DIES
by Angus Stewart and Nick Coulsen
20-year-old, believed to be a Warwick University student, is killed after being hit by a lorry
An international student who was struck by a lorry yesterday lunchtime has died.
Paramedics were called out to Lynchgate Road, Cannon Park, at 12:45pm to reports that the pedestrian in her early 20′s had been knocked down.
The student is believed to be from China and studying at Warwick. Her details have not been released until her family are informed.

A woman in her early 20s was struck by a truck in Lynchgate Road.
The alleged student was struck when crossing the road to Tesco by a small lorry – according to the Coventry Telegraph. She suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital a few hours later.
Sgt Neil Higgins said: “The collision happened during the university’s lunch hour and close to a local shopping centre and we are sure that there are people who may have witnessed the collision.
“We believe that the woman is a foreign student and we are working alongside the university and the Chinese Embassy to locate and inform her family.”
The West Midlands ambulance service released a statement saying she suffered serious head injuries. People at the scene believed the victim was a student.
The road was closed while the emergency services investigated the collision and treated the injured woman.

The victim was believed to be a Warwick University student.
A spokesman for Warwick University said: “Obviously our thoughts are with the student’s family and friends at this time.
“We have organised special counselling sessions for anybody affected by what has happened.”
Witnesses or anyone with information is urged to call Police on 101.

http://warwick.tab.co.uk/2014/01/22/foreign-student-hit-by-lorry-dies/?from=timeline&isappinstalled=0&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0

好年轻啊,R.I.P

那天封路了半天,有路过的同事说撞到人很严重,后来有人说是学生我心里就咯噔一下,想想会不会是中国人,每天上下班看到很多中国小同学在tesco附近。真是太惨了,心里为她家里人难过。RIP

唉。。。这么年轻,大家都要注意安全啊!英国很多卡车司机都很aggressive啊!

RIP:cn03:

RIP

R.I.P。。希望出门在外大家都多多注意安全!

RIP

Update: The student has been named as Maggie Cheung, a 23 year old international student from Hong Kong studying for a masters degree in economics.

家人该多伤心啊,RIP

好难过。。哎 一定要加倍注意安全

After the crash a number of people took to Facebook to describe what happened.

One woman, who dialled 999, said others who witnessed the crash had used their phones to take pictures of the pedestrian as she lay critically injured in the road.

She wrote: “People were taking pictures of her as well the vile people.

“I pray she’s okay, I’ve been worrying all day since it happened.

“Some lad stood next to us taking photos. I was just saying how disgusting he was really loudly to see if he got the hint.

“I just don’t understand for the life of me why you’d take a picture of that because you wouldn’t like it if that was your family member lying there.

“People need to have more respect.”

Witnesses or anyone with information is urged to call police on 101.

R.I.P

R.I.P

R.I.P

R.I.P

R.I.P.

R.I.P

天啊,那条路我走了7年啊。r.i.p.

R.I.P