How to deal with a cowboy Chinese builder?

This is my second time to work with Chinese builder because he did a good job when he worked for me at the first time. But this time, he really lets me down. He promised he will finish works within 2 weeks when i am in China. I gave him three weeks to finish the work. I payed him more than half before i left UK. I had a friend who help me supervise his work process when i was in China. He went to my home 6 times and never saw this builder working there. When i am back from China, a lot of things have not been finished. I am unhappy. But this builder wanted me to pay the rest and then he will finish the rest. I refused. Then he delayed several days to come to my house to work for only one day. He can not finish two tasks at that day and promised he will do it ASAP. i trusted him to pay him full.
Then, you may know the result-I contacted him again and again. He never answered my phone and blocked my Wechat. Finally gave me a text that stated he wanted to quit and asked me to find another people with some bad words. The reason is because i looked down on him. I did not and only criticize he did not finish works on time. I illustrated a lot to hime but he never ever reply me again. Well, i had his signature on the receipt that stated he promised he will finish our agreed works. I also have his home address and personal information.
To be honest, i do not want to report him because i know he does not have legal identity in UK for 10 years. I am afraid he will be sent back to China if report to UK government. how to deal with situation? report or not report, this is a question.

对不起我实在忍不住,po你写的这个放到雅思写作,4分都多了……

捡一句最有代表性的,不可数名词就不说了,只看时态

He promised he will finish works within 2 weeks when i am in China.

promised…will…when I am来回穿越不花钱么?当时我就震惊了:L

这恰恰证明英语很傻逼:lol

能写这么多,已经不容易了。。。。

没考过雅思,是不是UK 前都要加 the UK ? 伦敦音,责油奶提德K英等们

这楼已歪

paid not payed

Lol, for those who care about my English writing, you can have a try to write those words within 2 minutes in office environment under your boss’s supervision. I write those in English because i do not have Chinese input method in office. Am i having English test? No, i am asking questions. thanks.

Thanks, you are the first person to answer my question. I guess he is according to his talking. i do not expect to have money back. I am thinking if i need to report him to British Government or Citizen Advice, which may send him back to China.

这两个地方都不care你的举报,你要找的地方应该是UKVI(UK Visas and Immigration),即以前的ind。

但是劝你三思,你举报了钱也拿不回来,对你就是出口恶气,但是你断人家生路,难免不会遇到狗急跳墙的行为,真拼鱼死网破的话,光脚的不怕穿鞋的,杜医生的事件还隐约浮现在眼前呢……

直接告诉他,把活给你圆满地完成,否则报警。我不信他不来。

payed??? {:5_142:}

Just like the old saying, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys
Hiring an illegal might just put the op in a pickle.
What’s done is done, either report him to the authority or learn the lesson and move on.

report?如果人家反过来report楼主,楼主是不是要被罚款啊?

第一次做的很满意,第二次成这个情况,有可能是交流上出现了一些问题,what done is done,maybe you just need to move on。

雇佣非法劳工,雇主罚10k, 你确定还想举报么
如果他把护照扔了,而且当年来英国时没留指纹,警察和移民局也对他没办法,顶多关两天,还是得放出来,因为无法证明他的国籍。

我找的英国人给我家做装修,说是2个月,其实最后做了4个多月。找园丁做花园,说是3天最后花了1周,我一个朋友房子改建,整个改结构,当时说一年,现在两年了还没搬回去。我个人觉着很容易花时间长很常见,主要还是沟通的时候的问题。另外这种把钥匙留给对方在家里做工,一般都是找注册的,会买保险,而且口碑好的。

现在最好止损就是赶紧找个当地口碑比较好的builder把活做完。

你们都太搞笑了

估计对方想回国了,正等你举报呢,还能赚张免费机票,现在打黑工的很多都想回国,英国没什么吸引力了。

"Duel with cowboy " I guess it looks like this

楼主因不靠谱builder遭受经济损失,还剩下一大堆麻烦事要处理,大家就不要说风凉话了。能出主意的,就帮帮忙出点子,不能的话也不要在这个时候说没用的。

虽然自己没有用过黑工,因为用他们本身就把把柄交到对方手上,一旦出事很难走正常途径处理问题。但我也理解有很多人用他们,否则他们都没活干。既然用了,也就只能是双方以诚信为基础了。黑工拿钱不干完活跑了,那就破坏了这个基础。怎么办?只能看他怕什么。可以在中国人圈子里让大家知道这个人靠不住,一方面让他接不到活,另一方面也可以帮助别人避免碰到类似的遭遇。也可以以恶制恶,用其它办法。当然我这是假设楼主对整个事情的描述是客观的。